Field Operations Technician
San Francisco, California /
WHO WE ARE
Built Robotics' mission is to build the robots that build the world. As the inventor of the world's first autonomy solution for excavators, the Exosystem™, Built transforms excavators into fully autonomous trenching robots. Exosystems are deployed today across the $1 trillion earthmoving industry, building critical infrastructure in energy, telecom, and more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for deploying our autonomous equipment in the field. You’ll be on the front line, working closely with our partners to ensure that they can operate our products and seamlessly integrate them into their operations.
In addition, you will work closely with the company’s engineering team, identifying feature developments and recommending future products. Much of our technology also requires running tests on actual hardware, and you will support the engineering team by leading day-to-day operations, debugging, and troubleshooting on the robots.
Finally, you will be representing the Built Robotics brand to ensure we always deliver the safest and best product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deploy autonomous robots on active construction projects
- Ensure performance of seamless, safe and accurate work
- Represent the Built Robotics brand in the field and work with our customers
- Bridge deployment operations with engineering to ensure the product performs reliably in the field
- Learn how to run the technology and test our robots in the field
- Provide familiarization, training and support to our customer’s equipment operators
- Maintain sensors, electronics and heavy equipment to keep the fleet operational
- Become an expert in construction
- Travel and gain experience on job sites across the US
WHO YOU ARE
- Responsible. You consistently take on important projects and deliver. People know they can rely on you to make sure things get done properly. Your conduct always promotes safe work practices and sound risk management.
- Problem-solver. Don’t have the exact tool you need? No problem. You can navigate tricky situations in rugged environments and create solutions when you’re in a tough spot.
- Entrepreneurial. You know how to operate through ambiguity. You are proactive and a self-starter; you love to hustle, roll up your sleeves (literally), and see projects through.
- Detail-oriented. You love a seamless and organized operation. Whether it’s maintaining a tidy shop or running a fleet of autonomous robots, you know the details matter.
- Communicator. You are equally comfortable talking with executives and equipment operators. Being a trainer, problem-solver, and brand ambassador, you appreciate that what you say and how you say it can have a massive impact.
- Leader. When you’re around, people know things are under control. As the person in charge on our job sites, you are naturally at ease and know how to be in the driver’s seat.
- 2+ years of experience working in a field role, especially construction or working with heavy equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be in the field full-time
- Excellent hands-on technical ability (e.g. prototype design, fabrication, soldering, electric circuits)
- Proven track record of making safety a top priority
- Ability to follow clear processes
- Comfort around computers and willingness to learn new technology skills
- Adaptability to work in new situations and do what it takes to get the job done
- Competent driving trucks, operating heavy equipment (preferred but not required), and able to lift 50 lbs
- Valid US driver's license
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you and your family
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO
- TSA PreCheck
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- Opportunity to work on an 80,000-pound autonomous robot
- A pair of steel-toe boots