Field Operations Technician
San Francisco, California /
WHO WE ARE
Built Robotics’ mission is to build the robots that build the world. By upgrading off-the-shelf heavy equipment with AI guidance systems, Built’s technology enables machines to operate fully autonomously. Built’s robots are deployed today across the $1 trillion earthmoving industry, and they’re being used to build critical infrastructure such as solar and wind farms, pipelines, and data centers.
As a Field Operations Technician, you’ll have a foundational role in charting this growth and bringing innovation to one of the world’s most critical industries. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll have a broad responsibility deploying our autonomous equipment in the field. You’ll be on the front line deploying our technology and working closely with our construction customers and partners to ensure that they have an exceptional product experience. In addition, you will work closely with the company’s engineering team, identifying feature developments and recommending future products.
Much of our technology also requires running tests on actual hardware, and you will support the engineering team by leading day-to-day operations, debugging, and troubleshooting on the robots. Finally, you will be representing the Built Robotics brand to ensure we always deliver the safest and best product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deploy autonomous robots on active construction projects
- Ensure performance of seamless, safe and accurate work
- Represent the Built Robotics brand in the field and work with our customers
- Bridge field operations with engineering to ensure the product performs reliably in the field
- Learn how to run the technology and test our robots in the field
- Provide familiarization, training and support to our customer’s equipment operators
- Maintain sensors, electronics and heavy equipment to keep the fleet operational
- Become an expert in construction
- Travel and gain experience on job sites across the US
WHO YOU ARE
- Responsible. You consistently take on important projects and deliver. People know they can rely on you to make sure things get done properly. Your conduct always promotes safe work practices and sound risk management.
- Problem Solver. Don’t have the exact tool you need? No problem. You can navigate tricky situations in rugged environments and create solutions when you’re in a tough spot.
- Entrepreneurial. You know how to operate through ambiguity. You are proactive and a self-starter; you love to hustle, roll up your sleeves (literally), and see projects through.
- Detail oriented. You love a seamless and organized operation. Whether it’s maintaining a tidy shop or running a fleet of autonomous robots, you know the details matter.
- Communicator. You are equally comfortable talking with executives and equipment operators. Being a trainer, problem-solver, and brand ambassador, you appreciate that what you say and how you say it can have a massive impact.
- Leader. When you’re around, people know things are under control. As the person in charge on our job sites, you are naturally at ease and know how to be in the driver’s seat.
- BS in a technical field or equivalent technical work/military experience
- 3+ years of experience working with and maintaining heavy equipment or machinery
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Excellent hands-on technical ability, including prototype design, fabrication, soldering, metalworking and woodworking
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in new situations, pick up new skills, and do what it takes to get the job done
- Proven track record of making safety a top priority
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to follow and articulate clear processes and maintain documentation
- Comfort around computers and willingness to learn new technology skills
- Competent driving trucks, operating heavy equipment (preferred although not a prerequisite), and able to lift 50 lbs
- Valid US driver's license
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you and your family
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO
- TSA PreCheck
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- Opportunity to work on an 80,000-pound autonomous robot
- A pair of steel-toe boots