Business Operations Associate
San Francisco, California
At Built Robotics, we are making construction safer, faster and more productive. Our team is assembling robotic upgrade kits and developing software to automate heavy equipment. It hasn’t been easy—in fact, no one has ever done what we’re doing—but with over $150 billion in heavy equipment services performed in the US each year, we believe we’re on to something.
As a Business Operations Associate, you’ll have a foundational role in charting this growth and bringing innovation to one of the world’s most critical industries. Join us!
Who You Are
- Analytical. You don’t shy away from a challenge. You know how to solve meaningful growth and operational problems, while being structured, detail-oriented, and data driven.
- Entrepreneurial. You know how to operate through ambiguity. You are proactive and a self-starter; you love to hustle, roll up your sleeves (literally), and see projects through.
- Pragmatic. You are obsessed with building and delivering a quality product. This means constantly thinking about our customers and staying true to our broader vision.
- Generalist. You enjoy being pulled in a hundred different directions but also have the ability to go deep on a specific problem. This means you have no problem alternating between 10-ft and 1,000-ft views of the business.
- Great communicator. You are comfortable conversing with our engineering team, our customers, as well as operators on the job site. You have a detailed understanding of our business and can clearly articulate your perspectives.
What You'll Do
- Build familiarity with our product and customer needs, including thinking through product features and identifying new growth opportunities.
- Manage existing and inbound customer relationships, and take the lead on structuring strategic partnerships as we scale.
- Establish robust internal processes and work closely with the leadership team to scope relevant KPIs and operating metrics.
- Working with the broader go-to-market team to support geographic expansion and new markets.
- Supporting broader business operations, including finance, insurance, and legal.
- BS/BA required
- 2-3 years of experience in a startup, consulting or analytical function
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, analysis and financial modeling
- Willingness to travel 1-2 times per month, according to the needs of the business
- Ability to devise robust processes and maintain clear documentation
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in new situations, pick up new skills, and do what it takes to get the job done
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you, your spouse and children
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- In-office gym
- Opportunity to work on an 80,000-pound autonomous robot
- A pair of steel-toe boots