Robotics Hardware Engineer
San Francisco, California
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Robotics Hardware Engineer, you’ll get to re-imagine and design hardware for our fleet of autonomous heavy construction equipment. You’ll have a broad responsibility for scaling our hardware systems and testing for reliability in the field.
Our robots are subject to harsh conditions — hot summer days, cold and rainy winters, high vibrations, shock, and dust. You’ll get to tackle these challenges head on, by sourcing new sensors for these rugged conditions and configuring them on the robots for optimal outcome. You’ll leverage your experience in mechanical and electrical design to increase reliability and longevity of our equipment by analyzing vibration and shock data, designing mounts with sound dynamic and vibrations engineering principles, and design setups for life cycle testing.
You’ll create robust and replicable processes to streamline manufacturing of our AI guidance systems, and perform installations on equipment across the United States and Australia. You’ll develop best practices for managing a fleet of hardware systems and will work closely with our Software and Field Operations Engineers to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware issues in the field.
- BS, MS, or PhD in mechanical engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience using a CAD software design package (e.g. Solidworks, Onshape, ProE, NX, or CATIA)
- 2+ years of experience in electrical design
- Familiarity with Python, Linux and ROS is a plus
- Excellent hands-on technical ability, including prototype design and fabrication, soldering, metalworking and woodworking
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in new situations, pick up new skills, and do what it takes to get the job done
- Willingness to travel to job sites 1-2 times per month, according to the needs of the business
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you, your spouse and children
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Phone and internet reimbursement
- TSA Pre Check
- Gym membership
- Opportunity to work on a 80,000-pound autonomous robot
- A pair of steel-toe boots
ABOUT THE COMPANY & ROLE
Built Robotics’ mission is to build the robots that build the world. By automating repetitive tasks in the $300 billion solar industry, Built is bridging the workforce gap to accelerate our transition to clean energy.
The starting annual base salary range for this role is $85,000 - $125,000. Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications, working location, and market demands. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation, benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off, cell phone and internet reimbursement and more.
Built Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Built Robotics makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.