Business Operations Lead
San Francisco, California
We are building the future of construction.
Our mission is to take the latest sensors from self-driving cars, retrofit them into proven equipment from the job site, and develop a suite of autonomous software designed specifically for the requirements of construction and earthmoving. And over the last two years, with a team of dedicated engineers, roboticists, and construction experts, that’s what we’ve done. It hasn’t been easy—in fact, no one has ever done what we’re doing—but with over $100 billion in heavy equipment services performed in the US each year, it feels like we’re on to something.
We're backed by a $15M Series A from NEA and Founders Fund—two of the largest and most successful venture capital firms in the world. And we’re already deployed on active construction sites, with a clear path to scaling our business.
As Business Operations Lead you’ll have a broad mandate both across our business and in the field as we scale. You will have critical internal responsibilities, ensuring execution of our strategy and helping build sound business processes along the way. You’ll work on partnership development, from building customer relationships to modeling and bidding projects as we scale. Most importantly you’ll be a generalist, with opportunities to engage with all aspects of the business including strategy, finance, legal, intellectual property, and geographic expansion.
At the same time, you will stay close to the product, helping lead our deployments on construction projects, coordinating mobilization and logistics, running autonomous machines day-to-day, and working closely with our construction customers and partners. In addition, you will be an on-the-ground liaison to the engineering team, surfacing product improvement opportunities and ensuring that we have complete data and thorough analysis to help us engineer a more efficient, robust system.
- Deploying robots to the field and working with our partners while ensuring seamless, safe, and accurate work
- Executing on day-to-day operational priorities
- Building partner and client relationships & expanding our pipeline of potential projects
- Performing strategic research and analysis
- Supporting cross-functionally including strategy, finance, legal, intellectual property, and geographic expansion
- Developing construction knowledge and skills to guarantee a high-quality product
- BS or BA in a technical field
- Experience in a startup, consulting, or similar environment
- Very strong communications skills, both in writing and verbally
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, analysis and financial modeling
- Structured thinking, problem solving ability, and rigorous attention to detail
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in new situations, pick up new skills, and do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to drive trucks, operate heavy equipment, and lift 60 lbs
- Willingness to travel to the field an average of 2-3 times per month; sometimes more according to business requirements
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive equity and salary
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- In-office gym
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance, for you, your spouse and children
- A pair of steel-toe boots
- Opportunity to work on a 50,000-pound autonomous robot