Business Operations Lead
San Francisco, California
Construction has long been the engine of economic growth. But faced with cost overruns, critical infrastructure backlog, and an unprecedented labor shortage, the industry is in need of meaningful innovation to keep up.
At Built Robotics, we are automating heavy equipment to make construction safer, faster, and cheaper. Our team is developing a software suite that leverages off-the-shelf sensors to make equipment fully autonomous. It hasn’t been easy—in fact, no one has ever done what we’re doing—but with over $100 billion in heavy equipment services performed in the US each year, we believe we’re on to something.
We’re backed by a $15M Series A from NEA and Founders Fund — two of the largest and most successful venture capital firms in the world. With our technology already deployed on active construction sites, we have a clear path to scaling our business and you’ll have a foundational role in charting this growth and bringing innovation to one of the world’s most critical industries.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As Business Operations Lead you’ll have a broad mandate across our business as we scale. You will have critical internal responsibilities, ensuring execution of our strategy and helping build sound business processes along the way. You’ll work on partnership development, from building customer relationships to modeling financials and operating metrics as we scale. Most importantly you’ll be a generalist, with opportunities to engage with all aspects of the business including strategy, finance, legal, intellectual property, and international expansion.
At the same time, you will stay close to the product, helping lead our deployments on construction projects and working closely with our customers and partners. In addition, you will be an on-the-ground liaison to the engineering team, surfacing product improvement opportunities and ensuring that we have complete data and thorough analysis to help us engineer a more efficient, robust system.
WHO YOU ARE
- Analytical. You don’t shy away from a challenge. You know how to solve meaningful growth and operational problems, while being structured and detail-oriented.
- Entrepreneurial. You know how to operate through ambiguity. You are proactive and a self-starter; you love to hustle, roll up your sleeves (literally), and see projects through.
- Pragmatic. You are obsessed with building and delivering a quality product. This means constantly thinking about our customers and staying true to our broader vision.
- Generalist. You enjoy being pulled in a hundred different directions but also have the ability to go deep on a specific problem. This means you have no problem alternating between 10-ft and 1,000-ft views of the business.
- Growth-minded. You can learn from and geek out with anyone, whether it’s the colleague that sits next to you or the construction worker in the field. You’re always ready to take on more whether it’s new skills, experiences, or responsibilities (and operating an 80,000-pound robot).
- BS/BA required
- Experience in a startup, consulting, or similar environment
- Strong communications skills, both in writing and verbally
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, analysis and financial modeling
- Willingness to travel to the field an average of 2-3 times per month; sometimes more according to business requirements
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive equity and salary
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- In-office gym
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance, for you, your spouse and children
- A pair of steel-toe boots
- Opportunity to work on a 80,000-pound autonomous robot