Technical Operations Lead
San Francisco, California
We are building the future of construction.
Our mission is to take the latest sensors from self-driving cars, retrofit them into proven equipment from the job site, and develop a suite of autonomous software designed specifically for the requirements of construction and earthmoving. And over the last two years, with a team of dedicated engineers, roboticists, and construction experts, that’s what we’ve done. It hasn’t been easy—in fact, no one has ever done what we’re doing—but with over $100 billion in heavy equipment services performed in the US each year, it feels like we’re on to something.
We're backed by a $15M Series A from NEA and Founders Fund—two of the largest and most successful venture capital firms in the world. And we’re already deployed on active construction sites, with a clear path to scaling our business.
As Technical Operations Lead you’ll have broad responsibility for our autonomous machines, both in development and in the field. You’ll lead our deployments on construction projects, coordinating mobilization, running autonomous machines day-to-day, and working closely with our construction customers and partners. In addition, you’ll be our on-the-ground liaison to the engineering team, surfacing product improvement opportunities and ensuring that we have complete data and thorough analysis to help us engineer a more refined, robust system.
You’ll also work closely with our engineers to spec, install and maintain sensors and other equipment, and you’ll stay abreast of new technology to ensure we have the optimal tools for the job. Much of our software development also requires running tests on actual hardware, and you’ll work with the engineering team to run the machines and get comfortable doing front-line operations, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Deploying robots to the field and working with our partners while ensuring safe and accurate work
- Synthesizing field and testing results to drive technical roadmap
- Working with the engineering team on identifying and reproducing bugs
- Managing vendors to source & install sensors and other components
- Maintaining sensors and equipment
- Testing robots in our facility
- Acting as liaison between construction and engineering
- Developing construction knowledge and skills to guarantee a high-quality product
- BS in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical project management or similar
- Excellent hands-on technical ability, including prototype design and fabrication, soldering, metalworking and woodworking
- Very strong communications skills, especially regarding technical topics and decisions
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in new situations, pick up new skills, and do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to drive trucks, operate heavy equipment, and lift 60 lbs
- Willingness to travel to the field an average of 1-2 times per month; sometimes more according to business requirements
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive equity and salary
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- In-office gym
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance, for you, your spouse and children
- A pair of steel-toe boots
- Opportunity to work on a 50,000-pound autonomous robot