Regulatory and Government Affairs
Jakarta - Indonesia /
Legal – Legal & Compliance /
BukuWarung is SEA’s fastest growing startup and we are building the digital infrastructure for 60 million MSMEs in Indonesia, enabling them to efficiently manage and grow their business, starting with digital bookkeeping, online storefront & payments. BukuWarung’s vision is to empower 60 million MSMEs in Indonesia to become financially aware and enable them to manage and grow their business using technology.
BukuWarung is backed by top tier VCs globally: Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Goodwater Capital, Y-Combinator, AC Ventures, Quona Capital, East Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Rocketship.vc, Tanglin Venture Partners and strategic angel investors from Stripe, PayPal, Plaid, Grab, Gojek, Facebook, AirBnB, Fast, Mastercard etc.
- Develop, promote, implement monitor the strategic external key initiatives and programs to achieve significant improvements in brand awareness through comprehensive Government Relations and Partnership’s activity.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with government entities and industry leaders, and key business media partners nationally and trade publications to improve public awareness on company’s brand and image
- Constantly write and pitch interesting stories to government institutions and related industrial stakeholders, and national and local media to achieve strong visibility in print, broadcast, TV and online media outlets
- Ensure compliance for all acts towards company and government regulation
- Manage and settle all industrial issues
- Updating company regulation to assure compliance
- Conduct regular global survey/EES to measure engagement
- Identify and exploit media trends, hypes, news cycles and opportunities
- Analyze and measure results of external Government Relations and Public Relations activity.
- Comprehension for compliance policy in OJK and Bank Indonesia
- Bachelor Degree in marketing communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in the journalism and finance technology industry
- Experience in managing Government/PR events, Press Releases, Government and Media Events/Gathering, and Media visits
- Working knowledge of compliance policy in OJK and Bank Indonesia
- Strong network and relationship with general business, media contacts, entertainment trade press/analyst/blogger communities, and particularly with business media houses
- Proven success in both traditional and interactive PR channel
- Strong-sense of teamwork and ability to both manage and execute programs
- Fluent in English & Bahasa along with solid writing skills (writing samples will be required upon receipt of resume)
If this sounds like you, please apply!