Senior People Partner - Growth, Finance & International
Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team at the moment, but we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe's fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy with Bulb and we’ve expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
The team and role
We are deeply committed to building a high-performing, fulfilled and diverse team. To help our leaders navigate the challenges of hyper-growth, we are building out a world-class People team - and this is where you come in! We are looking for our first ever dedicated People Partner to support our Growth, Finance and International leaders in achieving their business objectives in growing Bulb faster than ever before.
As a trusted advisor to our Chief Growth & Marketing Officer, Chief Financial Officer and VP International, you’ll get to work on some of the most exciting areas of our business. You’ll work with some more established functions in the UK and help shape the structure of our international markets as they grow. As part of our talented community of People Partners you’ll help make Bulb a brilliant place to work.
You'll be responsible for:
* You’ll proactively advise managers on how to get the best out of their teams as they grow, and to organise themselves simply and elegantly
* You’ll own the design and delivery of innovative people programmes, including performance management, fostering a high-performance culture and increasing employee engagement
* You will advise our Country Managers on how to scale their local teams while constantly raising the talent bar, attracting the very best people in their markets
* You’ll help create, source and deliver inspiring learning & development programmes, contributing to employee retention
* You’ll work on all aspects of change management from strategy and design through to implementation and communications
* You’ll be a conduit between our senior managers and the people in their team
* You’ll monitor our employee feedback channels and work closely with the other members of the People team to solve company-wide problems
What you'll bring to Bulb:
* You have a proven track record of partnering with senior managers in high-growth technology scale-ups, ideally with an experience of working across international markets
* You’re an experienced coach and advisor who can work with managers to unlock the potential of their teams and support their own development.
* You’re an experienced interviewer with the ability to spot the best talent and input positively to hiring decisions.
* You have the rare combination of strong commercial acumen and deep empathy for individuals, allowing you to resolve tricky people situations while staying true to Bulb’s values
* You’ve designed and delivered effective learning programmes, both in the classroom and on the job.
* You are adept at working with data and analytics, and know how to create a business case where you spot an opportunity for change.
* You’re exceptionally well-organised and can move long-term projects forward while also juggling immediate priorities.
* You’re comfortable with ambiguity and constant change and have a track record of making an impact in these environments.
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.