Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Bulb is an energy management company and a Tech company. Our mission is to reduce bills and lower carbon emissions. Over 1.7 million people in the UK are now Bulb members, and we recently launched in France, Spain and the US (Texas). We're also a certified B Corporation. People, planet and profit are our priorities, that's why we believe the best way to deliver our mission and to have an impact is to be an effective and competitive organisation.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will:
• Be passionate about platform engineering and delivery whilst striving for continuous improvement.
• Contribute to and assess new tools and ideas to meet short term and strategic goals.
• Work closely with engineers to ensure a structured approach to delivering changes in a safe and immutable way.
• Advocate the benefits of well built services and support migration efforts to ensure highly available workloads where needed.
• Ensure proper governance of all build (Circle CI, Argo Workflows) and Kubernetes deployment processes (e.g security-first principles, audited change management).Own and deliver continuous delivery pipelines for multiple environments.
• Create, maintain and test end-to-end Disaster Recovery (backup, restore, infrastructure and automation)
• Cooperate as an interface between Infrastructure and engineering to drive engineering efforts and help scale Bulb’s infrastructure.
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we're also open-minded. If you recognise yourself any of these traits and you are passionate about the technologies mentioned then we’d love for you to send us an application.
• Strong experience and deep knowledge of Bash and Powershell.
• Proven track record of managing at scale Microsoft SQL databases.
• Experience with running Java based workloads in production.
• Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes expertise.
• Strong experience with Terraform.
• Good understanding of system engineering areas of expertise: Linux, Disk I/O, Networking, VPNs
• Continuous delivery - principles and pragmatics of dealing with build pipelines, artefact repositories, zero-downtime deployment and so on
Perks at Bulb
Life at Bulb comes with many perks. On top of being part of a friendly and dynamic environment, you’ll get:
• 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
• Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
• 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
• Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
• One month sabbatical leave after your first year
• Visa sponsorship and relocation allowance
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus pandemic. This role is based in our London office, but we’re open to distributed working (with ad-hoc meetings in London once lockdown restrictions have eased.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.