Energy Specialist: Customer Operations
Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe's fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
Our Energy Specialists are the people in charge of Bulb’s member experience.
At other energy companies, customers might be handed around to different departments, but at Bulb, our Energy Specialists are able to handle any query from beginning to end. You’ll be helping members with their accounts, answering questions about Bulb, contacting other energy suppliers and everything in between.
As an Energy Specialist, you’ll be learning huge amounts about how a modern, innovative company engages with its customers.
* You’ll help Bulb members with a wide variety of queries by phone
* You’ll work in a fast-paced environment, always striving to provide the best experience for our members
* You’ll resolve simple queries efficiently, and you’ll take the time to investigate and resolve more complex ones
* As your experience grows, you’ll take on more responsibility within your team
Our Energy Specialists drive Bulb's long-term success. We're looking for people willing to invest into the role and the team. In return, we’ll give you the opportunity to impact the way our business works.
We’re committed to making the technology and energy industries become a more inclusive and diverse place, and we’re working hard to lead by example. We’re looking to hire people who are able to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable working in a changing environment.
There are a few things that we think are essential to becoming a great Energy Specialist:
* You work well with structure in your day
* You’re motivated by hitting and exceeding targets
* You care deeply about how companies treat their customers
* You’re resilient and you cope well with difficult situations
* You’re able to work in shift patterns, 40 hours per week between 7am - 10pm after your first 3 months
* You have a minimum of 1 year customer service experience
There are some other things we think will be valuable in the role:
* You're confident speaking on the phone to a variety of people
* You have excellent communication and writing skills
* You can think on your feet and use your initiative in ambiguous situations
* You’re comfortable with numbers and learning new technology
* You’re reliable, energetic and able to prioritise effectively
* You see obstacles as challenges and you enjoy complex problem solving
* You relish the idea of self learning and personal development
*£27,000 per annum salary, discretionary share options and bonus
*Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
*33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
*12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
*Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
*Cycle to work scheme
*One month sabbatical leave after your first year
*Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.