Business Development Manager
Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe's fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
The Bulb Business Team
Across the UK, businesses are getting a raw deal from the energy market: expensive tariffs, dirty energy and complicated contracts. Bulb for Business is on a mission to make energy cheaper, simpler and greener for the businesses and charities.
Bulb Business is a dedicated team inside Bulb. We’re responsible for Bulb’s business product: growth, member service, operations and engineering.
You’ll be responsible for the growth of Bulb Business.
With Bulb you’re helping to shape the future of green energy. And joining a community that saves 4.6 million tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere each year.
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- Own multiple commercial growth channels (e.g., sales, partnerships and paid digital advertising).
- Manage, lead and take responsibility for the performance of any in-house or outsourced growth teams.
- Keep our business tariff under regular review to ensure it meets our growth objectives, benchmarking it against our key competitors.
- Build a world-class go to market strategies, prioritising highest-value opportunities.
- Lead, nurture and develop your team.
- Identify and deliver on product improvements and new propositions that will help reach targets.
- Work collaboratively with teams across Bulb to ensure we have the right infrastructure to hit growth targets.
Here are the things that we think are essential to succeeding in the job:
- You have a measurable track record of commercial achievements
- You thrive in fast paced hyper growth environments
- You care deeply about how companies treat their customers
- You’re self motivated and have a get up and go approach to your work
- You think creatively and commercially; you see the big picture, come up with creative solutions, and deliver tangible solutions in record time
- You’re an excellent communicator, you “keep it simple” and make complicated details and problems understandable.
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.