Communications writer / CRM copywriter
Content, Design & Research /
Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe's fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
We’re looking for an experienced communications writer to work with our busy Member Communications team. You’ll be writing and managing email campaigns, covering everything from the creative and conversational, to the routine and operational.
In this role you will:
- Create and iterate content for email campaigns - this could include emails to advertise existing products, to encourage people to sign up to new products we’re developing, or to help our members see the impact they’ve having by switching to green energy
- Create and iterate operational emails - it doesn’t sound glamorous but it helps make us tick, you’ll be ensuring our statements are tip top, that members understand our prices, how to get help if they’re struggling to pay, how to apply for certain benefits and more
- Work with marketing and research teams to understand our target audiences, iterating on subject lines, content, and calls to action to increase campaign effectiveness over time
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders in product teams across the business
- Make our members laugh, write them the occasional poem and explain what a kilowatt hour is over and over again
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience:
- As a communications writer in a busy product company or organisation
- Creating informative, friendly, accessible emails that get results
- Making evidence-based decisions and improvements
- Segmenting emails effectively for multiple audiences
- Communicating clearly and regularly with stakeholders
- Bulb cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.