Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team at the moment, but we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe's fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy with Bulb and we’ve expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
The role and team
Working with Bulb’s Growth team, you’ll be responsible for driving growth via data analysis, hypothesis formulation, experiment design and analysis, and process improvement and automisation.
• Analysing data and presenting insights to uncover key drivers of growth
• Developing testable data-driven hypotheses
• A/B testing (or multivariate testing) of those hypotheses
• Running statistical analyses to increase the confidence and speed of testing -Incorporating learnings into additive improvements in our product offering
• Identifying and targeting high-value potential members
• Optimizing growth channels for cost, quality, and throughout scaling and automating growth processes
• Collaborating with the Growth, Product, and Data Science teams to scope and prioritise projects
What you'll bring to Bulb
• Have strong SQL skills - able to manipulate, analyse and model large volumes of data with a high level of accuracy
• Have strong coding skills in Python or R
• Have experience with any of Looker, Tableau, Mode, Alteryx
• Have strong Excel modelling - can take data extracts from SQL and other data sources, then combine them into Excel models that can be understood by stakeholders around the business
• Have a keen commercial mindset - understand drivers of value, able to pick the signal from the noise
• Be a smart, strategic thinker who is great at solving problems (not just ones that involve numbers!)
• Have great communication skills and happy to work with stakeholders across the business including management
• Be a team player - you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan
• Have an ownership mentality - willingness and ability to take projects from conception through to execution and expansion
• Have at least 2 years of experience working with data in a high growth company
• Experience with A/B testing, CRO, and performance marketing tools and datasets preferred
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.