Head of Talent Acquisition
Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team at the moment, but we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe's fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy with Bulb and we’ve expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
The team and role
Hiring the best possible people is our most important priority. We’re looking for a Head of Recruitment to lead Bulb’s recruitment team as we continue to grow.
This role is based in London and reports into the Chief People Officer. You must have a background leading an in-house recruitment team, ideally within a high growth, technology company.
You'll be responsible for:
* Working with the Leadership Team to define & deliver the hiring plan against business strategy
* Managing, motivating and growing a high performing team in the UK and building out recruitment teams in new markets as they start to scale
* Defining team mission metrics, objectives and goals which support Bulb's business strategy
* Leading on direct search for critical senior hires generally VP to C level and in some instances through search partners
* You will be responsible for ensuring Bulb has the people it needs when it needs them
* Establishing key performance and quality metrics which measure outcomes and efficacy, enabling better experiences, decision-making, cost effectiveness and results
* Leading EVP development and ensuring we are amplifying our talent brand to become an employer of choice
* Presenting data and recruiting information to senior stakeholders around the company
What you'll bring to Bulb:
* Experience of managing a recruitment team in a rapidly growing technology company
* Excellent written, visualisation and verbal communication skills
* Highly skilled at analysing, interpreting and presenting data
* Experience of using technology to improve efficiency and streamline recruitment processes
* A track record of building high performing recruitment teams, ideally including in international territories
* Proven success in driving and maintaining a high level of diverse hiring practices
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.