Content designer / Senior content designer (UX writer)
Content, Design & Research /
Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe's fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
Clear communication tells a compelling story, makes complex things simple and as a result, builds trust back into the relationships we’re creating. It’s a challenge. If it sounds like one you’d like to help solve, perhaps you’re the person we need.
We’re looking for a full-time content designer to join our team. Some companies call this role ‘UX writer’.
In this role you will:
* Create and iterate content for web and mobile platforms - this could include interface copy for new features, emails to announce new products to our members, or Help Centre articles to help solve members’ problems
* Develop the information architecture and end-to-end user journeys that help our members get the most out of our products
* Work with product managers, researchers and engineers to set the tone and scope of projects
* Work closely with designers to put informative, engaging copy at the centre of the design process
* Work closely with user researchers to understand and represent our users
* Contribute to Solar, our design system, by establishing and iterating on design patterns
We want to hire people with the experience necessary to get going quickly at Bulb. But we're also interested in people who want to learn new things and feel comfortable working in a changing environment.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience:
* As a content designer, or UX writer for multiple projects working in a multidisciplinary team of researchers and designers
* Creating informative, friendly copy across a variety of platforms and products - if that includes writing for interfaces/microcopy, that’s a plus
* Establishing and iterating content frameworks and design patterns
* Making evidence-based decisions
* Communicating clearly and regularly with stakeholders
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.