Hardware Test and Reliability Manager
What we do
Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
We are seeking someone who will own all reliability and testing for our upcoming product release. This role will be the kernel of our reliability and test program here at Bumblebee Spaces. It's an incredibly exciting opportunity to define our testing and reliability program and eventually scale your team to deliver our product hitting all safety and cosmetic requirements as our production scales to meet demand.
- Development and implementation of manufacturing test strategy during development and production phases of product lifecycle. Work with Engineering and vendor test teams to design and assemble bench setups and test fixtures
- Work with Engineering Team to identify the best supplier/partner to meet product requirements from both technical perspective as well as supply chain and manufacturing considerations
- Develop test requirements and methodology with Engineering team, implement manufacturing tests at vendor sites, troubleshoot and solve issues during product development and manufacturing ramp
- Interface directly with the Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, and Vendor teams to assist in the development of test procedures, including First Article, Reliability, Environmental, Production and Final Acceptance Testing
- Work directly with the test engineers providing guidance and support as necessary in test methods, equipment, and test set-ups
- Coordination of and travel to suppliers (foreign and domestic) to establish technical and manufacturing processes required during product development and volume manufacturing ramp
- Travel required up to 40%
- BS or MS degree in engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in consumer electronic product development & volume manufacturing
- Experienced with domestic and/or international consumer electronics vendors and supply chain
- Experience with managing test coverages and improving test efficiency in engineering and production phase
- Experienced in test automation and test frameworks to enable comprehensive test coverage
- Experienced managing vendor engineer/technicians, building a team providing swift and effective to technical tasks
- Strong understanding of module test and manufacturing processes with direct experience managing manufacturing test implementation and execution
- Successful history ramping and shipping high fit and finish and safety critical products at scale
- Experience defining, developing and troubleshooting manufacturing test issues
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis
- Strong experience building cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization