Frontend Software Engineering Intern
San Francisco /
What we do
Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
We are looking for a frontend software engineering intern who takes initiative to generate immediate and long-term value in a dynamic work environment. You will join a highly motivated core team of engineering and business professionals reshaping the urban living experience through the thoughtful and deliberate fusion of robotics and human centric design.
Skills / Requirements
- Experience building responsive mobile applications using React Native
- An eye for designing robust and fluid user interactions
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- iOS and/or Android development experience is a plus
- Experience building full stack mobile or web applications is a plus
- Web design experience is a plus
- A portfolio of projects
- Work closely with senior engineer and UX designer to build features for React Native applications that control Bumblebee robotic furniture
- Make React Native applications responsive across different mobile devices
- Implement micro-interactions and animations for React Native applications
- Contribute to development of native iOS and Android features
- Maintain and add features to Bumblebee website
- Understand how mobile applications integrate into the rest of Bumblebee software and hardware stack.