Electrical Systems Engineer
San Francisco /
Hardware Engineering /
What we do
Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
The ideal candidate is a passionate, seasoned and hands-on electrical systems engineer who takes initiative to generate immediate and long-term value in a dynamic work environment. This individual will join a highly motivated core team of engineering and business professionals reshaping the urban living experience through the thoughtful and deliberate fusion of robotics and human centric design.
Skills / Requirements
- Strong module implementation experience – practical knowledge in domains like Analog, Digital, Power electronics, isolation techniques.
- Strong PCB design, prototyping and troubleshooting skills
- Experience using oscilloscopes, multimeters and other lab equipment
- Knowledge of field equipment like Induction motors, Drives (AC, Servo etc.) sensors
- Experience with 8-bit/16-bit/32-bit micro-controllers
- Working knowledge of incremental, absolute encoders and familiarity with different kinds of sensors and transducers
- Experience with industrial communication protocols, especially MODBUS, CAN, RS232, RS485.
- Experience with hardware platforms such as Beaglebone, Raspberry Pi, Arduino etc.
- Awareness of Industrial Standards (ISA, ISO, NEMA, IEEE)
- Experience certifying systems for UL, CE etc.
- Experience with EMI/EMC reliant design
- Programming experience with C, Python
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Own the design and implementation of all electrical subsystems.
- Actively lead the design and evolution of next generation architectures for scale.
- Interface with vendors to manufacture and source subsystems
- Evaluate and integrate new sensor systems to support new capabilities.
- Actively participate in production, testing and installation of new deployments.
- Play a lead role in ensuring that systems are designed for and obtain industry certifications (UL, CE etc.)