What we do
Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
Designing at Bumblebee
The Bumblebee experience weaves through digital, spatial and product interactions. While technology is at the core of our system, our goal is to create an experience that feels so natural the technology falls entirely into the background. Our design team is a tight knit group of industrial, spatial, digital and prototype designers. We are looking for a driven Interior Architect or Environments Designer interested in redefining how we live by helping to invent clever solutions for the future. Our interior design principles highlight craftsmanship, health and sustainability. Our design language is contemporary, minimal and natural.
- Produce technical drawings to integrate the Bumblebee system in existing buildings (floor plans, sections, elevations, detail drawings)
- Create 3D models and produce renderings with materials fidelity
- Create detail drawings for custom furniture fabrication
- Prepare visual material for client presentations
- Prepare budget estimates
- Research online and visit showrooms to procure items and order samples
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date materials library
- Help with selecting furniture and objects to feature in our showrooms
- Prepare and stage interiors for photography
- Proficient in producing 3D interior visualizations
- Rhino 3D or other
- AutoCAD or other