Operations Program Manager
San Francisco /
What we do
Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
About the Role
The Operations Program Manager for New Product Introduction will be responsible for the successful launch and ramp of our revolutionary product into our manufacturing partner’s factories. He/She will join the program at conception and lead the technical manufacturing and operational execution through the launch and ramp of the product.
What You'll Do
- Lead the cross functional team to execute a seamless product launch including factory startup, ramp and delivery to customers. Key team members include Manufacturing Engineers, Design Engineers, Test Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Production Planning, Logistics, Marketing and Finance
- Develop pre-launch and ramp build plans with metrics that lead the team to work strategically and efficiently. Pivotal metrics are schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Engineering teams to develop manufacturing blueprint with process flows, floor layout, capacity model, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any Engineering build
- Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure the highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered
- Represent operations with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, and reducibility features
- Develop metrics to measure the team’s progress and success at deliver on commitments. Act as the Operations technical lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks
- Take on the role of pre-production operations manager including developing build mission and schedule, hosting the daily morning meeting and driving resolution of build issues technically & operational
- Head-up technical issue resolution related to manufacturing process control and capability. Technical experience working in factories ramping operations with multiple production lines
- Must be OK with traveling
- Passionate about team environments
- Analytical and detailed oriented; an excel Ninja
- Great written and communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of factory related experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing day to day operations
- Must have shipped a product at scale
- MS in Business, Operations Management preferred
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years of factory related experience preferred