Senior Android Engineer
Engineering – Product Development - Mobile Applications /
Employee - Regular/Permanent
Inclusion at Bumble Inc.
Bumble Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, people with disabilities, and neurodivergent people to apply. We're happy to make any reasonable adjustments that will help you feel more confident throughout the process, please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
The Bumble For Friends is looking for a talented Senior Android Engineer to own and drive technical projects from specification through to delivery and beyond. You will impact millions of users, share know-how with the community, and experiment a lot. If you get a buzz from taking initiative, and redefining expectations but also getting involved in challenging technical debates with the team, this is your place.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver Android app feature designs
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Write test cases and work with QA on a weekly release cycle
- Maintain build systems and write unit tests
- Review analytics and performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
Experience we are looking for
- Product-focused Android application development experience
- Portfolio of consumer-facing high-performance Android applications available in the Marketplace
- Advanced Android SDK / Kotlin skills
- Strong knowledge of Android API capabilities at different levels, framework components and lifecycles
- Good understanding of design patterns & Object Oriented Programming
- Enthusiastic about teamwork in an AGILE/Scrum environment
- Sound computer science foundations: algorithms, data structures, concurrency, threading, and programming languages (Kotlin)
- Motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- You'll love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with a willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Enthusiastic and fun to work with
- A desire to work with a fresh, social digital brand
Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Bumble, Badoo, Fruitz and Official. The Bumble platform enables people to build healthy and equitable relationships, through kind connections. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, Bumble was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center and connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). Badoo, which was founded in 2006, is one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Fruitz, founded in 2017, encourages open and honest communication of dating intentions through playful fruit metaphors. Official is an app for couples that promotes open and honest communication between partners and was founded in 2020.