Senior Game Developer (open to remote)
We're building the home for gamers in the Metaverse. Bunch is a digital world that allows players to meet up, hang out, and jump into any of their favorite games across the App Store. Our mission is to bring people together through the games that they love when they are physically apart!
Our team comes from companies like Meta, Google, and Kik Messenger and combines the experience of building large-scale social applications, developer platforms, and games. We've raised over $28M from top investors like General Catalyst and London Venture Partners, and many of the largest game companies including Electronic Arts, Krafton (PUBG), Take-Two Interactive, Ubisoft, Supercell, Riot Games, Miniclip, and Tencent.
Our current app Bunch 1.0 is one of the most popular group video chat apps for gaming that brought millions together through the pandemic. Bunch 2.0 is an evolution of it that turns it from a video chat application into a digital world that's more fun, and easier to meet new people. Bunch 2.0 is currently invite only, in the meantime you can download Bunch 1.0 here: https://bunch.app.link/BKlS8V2hImb
Check out tech stack here: https://stackshare.io/bunchlive/bunch
Meet our team: https://web.bunch.live/team
Learn about our culture: https://web.bunch.live/join
🤩 About the Role
Bunch 2.0 features a unique social space where you can make an avatar, build a room, socialize, dance, play soccer, or do a variety of other “hanging out” tasks — before jumping into your favorite games. (Think Fortnite Party Bus where you can launch into any multiplayer game!)
Our games team is building this feature in Unity with real-time networking. We don't plan to stop with just one version of this game — it will be ever-evolving, introducing new features and new fun ways to hang out with your friends inside our beautiful 3D worlds. We'd love for you to help us on our journey!
💪 What you'll do:
- You'll report to our experiences Engineering Manager, and collaborate closely with our other game developers and game artists.
- You'll build our metaverse from the ground up, working in Unity/C#.
- You'll write code to bind our metaverse code to our native application architecture, ensuring the 2 pieces of our app work together.
- You'll work with our artists to help make things beautiful.
- You'll help ensure our networking code is up to snuff, so our multiplayer always works flawlessly.
- <your ideas here>: We love new ideas, so bring them!
- 5 years of experience in game development
- Have shipped one or more games with a significant player base
- A good grasp of software architecture, particularly in game development
- Can collaborate with technical and non-technical staff, including designers
- Have a passion for usability, user experience and an empathetic approach to building software
- Solid empathy & interpersonal skills for building a shared vision around your work
👍 Bonus points if you:
- Have dealt with games involving 3D assets and have a good knowledge about the 3D asset pipeline/workflow
- Have expertise in networking for multiplayer games, what's possible and what's optimal (i.e. you know what predict/rollback is 🤯)
- Have experience with with writing iOS/Android code for Unity plugins
🚀 Working at Bunch comes with:
- Competitive salary and stock options 💰
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans 💪
- Outfit your home office with the gear you need to work effectively 🎧
- Regular team retreats (...to be continued post-covid) 🚤
- Regular game nights and other fun activities (... in the mean time) 🎮
- We're an entirely remote company with development hubs in Kitchener/Waterloo, Toronto, New York, and San Francisco. We can help you to outfit your home office with all the gear and tools you need.
We believe excellence is impossible without diversity, and would love to hear from women, men, non-binary, trans, parents, non-parents, and people of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations — especially you. ✨🌈🦄