Senior Elixir Engineer
Bunches is looking for a full-time senior backend software engineer to help build the future of communication.
You’re looking for a high-ownership backend engineering IC role that will have an outsized impact at a high-growth company in the consumer crypto (web3) space.
You care about facilitating a stellar user experience, which at Bunches includes delivering a mobile messaging service with maximum performance and minimum latency.
The right candidate will have significant experience in architecting scalable distributed systems in a consumer setting, for both mobile and desktop applications.
There is an opportunity to learn crypto and web3 “on the job”.
Bunches is a hybrid company, based in Nashville, TN. This role will spend at least one week per month in Nashville at Bunches HQ. Moving stipend to Nashville available for those who want to work in an office full-time. We offer a competitive salary, early stage equity, full health insurance, and an office setup stipend.
- Architect, build, and manage Bunches’ infrastructure and backend systems, from data aggregation and ETL to GraphQL API delivery.
- Build and implement GraphQL APIs to support the Bunches roadmap across our family of products.
- Scale the Bunches messaging systems to support millions of users.
- Own and maintain DevOps for Bunches backend systems.
- Reduce and manage code complexity across the API.
- Work with the Build organization to analyze data and utilize product insights to inform engineering decisions.
- Collaborate with partnerships, growth, and business to achieve company-wide goals.
- Contribute learnings and non-proprietary code from our chat and crypto infrastructures to the appropriate open source communities.
- Familiarity with Elixir/Go/Python/Rust, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, AWS.
- Own continuous delivery and deployment of Bunches’ backend systems.
- Experience in architecting scalable distributed systems in a consumer setting, for both mobile and desktop applications.
- Experience in building real-time communication and messaging systems is a huge plus.
- Not required, but the ideal candidate will be familiar with a variety of web3 concepts (public key cryptography, calling contract functions with ABI, etc.) and APIs (Alchemy, Quicknode, Opensea, etc.).