Lead Product Designer
Full Time - Salary
Bungalow is the largest and fastest-growing roommate living company in the United States. We’re on a mission to create a world where everyone can truly feel at home, wherever they want to live.
We work with homeowners across the US to take the hassle out of property management and maximize what they earn so we can provide renters with the best homes the market has to offer.
And we know it can be challenging living with roommates, but we believe it’s worth it. We’re removing the hassle from moving and everyday living, and providing an affordable product that helps people live in the cities where they have better access to opportunity.
Join our community! We’re looking for a strong human-centered UX designer with a passion for crafting beautiful UI to join us and help build an amazing experience for our growing community of residents.
What you'll do:
- Design elegant interactions and experiences for our customers.
- Deliver high-fidelity designs that elevate our brand and design system.
- Drive ethnographic research and usability testing to inform your work.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, field ops, and support.
- Drive strategy and define, build, and release new products and features.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Mentor and guide team members, helping them develop and grow.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment that’s full of ambiguity.
Who you are:
- 6-8+ years of experience designing digital products and systems
- Strong product thinking skills and collaborate with PMs and engineers
- Strong design craft skills including interaction (HCI), visual, and service design
- Strong ethnographic research and usability testing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong portfolio across iOS, Android, responsive web, and email
- Strong command of design tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Comfortable using data to inform design strategy
- Experience with prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, etc.)
- Passion for the fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Desire to join a giphy-addicted, emoji-crazed, fun and passionate team!
What we value:
- Build better. Always challenge the status quo, constantly look for ways to improve across the entire organization.
- Focus on impact. Ruthlessly prioritize and continue to ask: "Does it scale?"
- Community first. We always look for ways to make our applicants, customers, and teammates feel more at home. We are the steady & trusted source for members new and old.
- Feedback obsessed. We are constantly looking for feedback (from customers & teammates) in order to find ways to improve our experience across all facets of the organization. We never settle for the status quo, we consistently drive progress and growth by challenging our mindset, and iterating our processes.
- Move fast. We are less afraid of making mistakes than we are of losing opportunities by moving too slowly. We are a culture of builders & innovators.
- Be an owner. You are the expert & ruler of your domain. If you see something broken, fix it or work with the team to make sure we are always at our best. Always look for ways to improve organizationally and personally.
More about our (FTE) Benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Bungalow is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: generous time off to relax and recharge, beautiful offices, commuter benefits, team happy hours and continuous learning! Now the ultra important stuff: we also have world-class healthcare, vision and dental insurance- we have your back!
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional, education, or employment-related information;
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us, including, without limitation, demographic information, benefits information, or family and dependent information.
Currently, we are implementing procedures in order to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus in and throughout the workplace. Therefore, we are notifying you that if you visit our physical offices and facilities for an interview, we also may collect the following additional category of PI: medical and health information. Specifically, we may collect your body temperature along with information about whether you have or display certain symptoms such as fatigue, cough, sneezing, aches and pains, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, diarrhea, headaches, or shortness of breath, whether you have recently been in close contact with anyone who has exhibited any of these symptoms, and whether you have recently been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.