Lead Product Designer
San Francisco /
Full Time - Salary
We believe that living with great roommates is more important than ever. That’s why we created Bungalow: a marketplace of beautiful, affordable homes in the best neighborhoods — for people who care about living with great roommates. We’re the largest and fastest growing Series B startup in the co-living space, with homes across 10 major US cities and more coming soon!
Now we’re focused on making the roommate finding experience even better. Think Craigslist without the scams and Tinder without the superficial judgement. If you’re passionate about helping people make meaningful connections and build a real sense of community, join our team and let’s make it happen!
About this role
Bungalow is building out a world-class design team. We’re looking for a strong human-centered UX designer with a passion for crafting beautiful UI to join us and help build an amazing experience for our growing community of residents.
As a Lead Product Designer at Bungalow, you’ll be involved at every step of the product development process — from brainstorming ideas to polishing designs through launch. With your range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you’ll make critical design decisions that will drive our product development.
- Design elegant interactions and experiences for our customers.
- Deliver high-fidelity designs that elevate our brand and design system.
- Drive ethnographic research and usability testing to inform your work.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, field ops, and support.
- Drive strategy and define, build, and release new products and features.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Mentor and guide team members, helping them develop and grow.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment that’s full of ambiguity.
- As a qualified candidate, you are comfortable with ambiguity, you’re a great communicator, and you’re a strong cross-functional partner. You uphold a high quality bar, you obsess over the details, and you’re able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You are human-centered, you approach problems holistically, and you create simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- 6-8+ years of experience designing digital products and systems
- Strong product thinking skills and collaborate with PMs and engineers
- Strong design craft skills including interaction, visual, and service design
- Strong ethnographic research and usability testing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong portfolio across iOS, Android, responsive web, and email
- Strong command of design tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience with prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, etc.)
- Passion for the fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Desire to join a giphy-addicted, emoji-crazed, fun and passionate team!
More about our (FTE) Benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Bungalow is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: generous time off to relax and recharge, beautiful offices, commuter benefits, team happy hours and continuous learning! Now the ultra important stuff: we also have world-class healthcare, vision and dental insurance- we have your back!
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional, education, or employment-related information;
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us, including, without limitation, demographic information, benefits information, or family and dependent information.
Currently, we are implementing procedures in order to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus in and throughout the workplace. Therefore, we are notifying you that if you visit our physical offices and facilities for an interview, we also may collect the following additional category of PI: medical and health information. Specifically, we may collect your body temperature along with information about whether you have or display certain symptoms such as fatigue, cough, sneezing, aches and pains, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, diarrhea, headaches, or shortness of breath, whether you have recently been in close contact with anyone who has exhibited any of these symptoms, and whether you have recently been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.