Data Analyst Intern
Miami, FL /
Bungalow is the largest and fastest-growing roommate living company in the United States. We’re on a mission to deliver flexible and innovative housing by combining the freedom of mobility with the power of ownership.
We work with homeowners across the US to take the hassle out of property management and maximize what they earn so we can provide renters with the best homes the market has to offer.
And we know it can be challenging living with roommates, but we believe it’s worth it. We provide an affordable product that helps people live in cities where they have better access to opportunities.
Join our community! We’re looking for a Data Science Intern to join us for a 3 to 6 month period. Bungalow’s paid internship program provides undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to learn from experienced professionals at a leading proptech company based in Miami, Florida. Every intern will go through an orientation, project plan, final project presentation and celebration!
What you will do:
- Data analysis: Perform exploratory data analysis and create visualizations to help understand patterns and trends in the data.
- Reporting: Create reports and dashboards that effectively communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Data modeling: Develop models to support insights that enable decision-making and drive business results.
- Collaboration: Work with cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and help find solutions to business problems.
- Project support: Assist in the development of data-driven projects, including project planning, execution, and communication of results.
- Knowledge sharing: Attend team meetings and contribute to knowledge sharing initiatives, such as presentations, workshops, or blog posts.
- Continuous learning: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data analysis and continue to develop your technical and analytical skills.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate or Graduate student pursuing a degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or other technical degrees
- No prior data experience required – we will mentor and teach you everything.
- You have to be a nimble learner.
- Able to commit to at minimum 10 hours per week. Weekly hourly commitment to be discussed on a per project basis.
- Required to be in office in Miami
Goals & Benefits:
- Gain hands-on experience. Interns will have the opportunity to work on real-world data projects and gain practical experience in data analysis, data visualization, data engineering, data science and machine learning.
- Develop technical skills. Working alongside an experienced data team, interns will enhance data-related skills through training and hands-on experience, such as learning new programming languages, statistical methods, or data tools.
- Increase knowledge of industry trends. Interns will not only learn about current trends and best practices in the data world but also be exposed to the ways in which data can be utilized/leveraged in a fast-paced, dynamic startup.
- Foster professional growth. Interns will be exposed to the Miami tech ecosystem, including opportunities to network with people in the startup scene.
- Ownership & Impact. Interns will work alongside other employees and contribute directly to company projects, having the ability to see the impact of their work.
- Prepare for future careers. This is an excellent opportunity for students to gain experience with the data world and prepare for a future career in data. Interns will see what it's like to work in the field and gain the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed.
- Be part of a fast-paced startup culture. Interns will get a taste of what it’s like to work in a startup in an emerging industry. Bungalow is excited to welcome interns with diverse backgrounds and skill sets who will bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to the team!
1. Trailblazers. We are focused on making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers, by iterating rapidly and taking big swings.
2. A Championship Team. We design our playbooks with our unique gifts in mind. We prioritize collaboration, continuous feedback and opportunities for growth to maximize potential.
3. Customer Obsessed. We build our product with our resident’s and homeowner’s experience top of mind.
4. Owners. We are all in. We care about integrity and accountability and we are biased toward action.
Life at Bungalow
- Optional co-working hubs in Miami, Florida and Kitchener, Ontario
- Competitive cash compensation and stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits; employee premiums are 100% employer-paid
- 401(k) sponsored by Fidelity
- Generous time-off policy + 11 company holidays
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for both caregivers
Founded in 2017 by Andrew Collins and Justin McCarty, Bungalow is the premier residential real estate marketplace. With leading investors, such as Atomic, Khosla Ventures, Coatue, Founders Fund, and Deer Park Road, Bungalow is rethinking the residential real estate market by providing renters with a more convenient, flexible, and communal living situation. To ensure our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. For more information, visit www.bungalow.com and check out our Series-C funding coverage here!
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional, education, or employment-related information;
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us, including, without limitation, demographic information, benefits information, or family and dependent information.
Currently, we are implementing procedures in order to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus in and throughout the workplace. Therefore, we are notifying you that if you visit our physical offices and facilities for an interview, we also may collect the following additional category of PI: medical and health information. Specifically, we may collect your body temperature along with information about whether you have or display certain symptoms such as fatigue, cough, sneezing, aches and pains, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, diarrhea, headaches, or shortness of breath, whether you have recently been in close contact with anyone who has exhibited any of these symptoms, and whether you have recently been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.