Software Engineer, Developer Advocate
We're looking for an open source-focused software engineer to be a key member of our small (~16 person) SF-based team as a developer advocate. You'll be responsible for growing, supporting, educating, and nurturing the community around Linkerd (1 and 2) (linkerd.io), our open source service mesh project, which power mission-critical infrastructure at companies around the globe.
As our first engineer in a developer advocate role, you'll be the highly visible face of Linkerd, both in our community and in the growing cloud native, Kubernetes, and Docker communities. You'll have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in a small but high-impact startup building a critical component of the next generation of software infrastructure, and you'll be an integral part of our goal to get Linkerd into every large-scale software deployment in the world.
You'll work with an incredible team in a supportive, friendly environment. Our ideal candidate has a strong engineering background, great communication skills, and a weird but adorable love of software infrastructure.
This might just be the job for you if:
- You have a passion for community building and empathy for early adopters of open source tech.
- You are excited about providing education and guidance to members of the Linkerd community.
- You have a software engineering background---as in, you can write code when you need to.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You're a fount of enthusiasm, excitement and energy!
We're especially excited about candidates who have:
- Experience with open source software.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and other components of the cloud-native software stack.
We're not just building a product, we're building a company! Come join us and build the next generation of infrastructure software at a company that we can be proud of.
Remote applicants: We are remote-friendly, but remote applicants must live in the US and must have prior experience working remotely.