Sr. Go Developer
US / Remote
We’re looking for an open-source-focused senior systems engineer to be a key member of our small (~16 person) team. You’ll be responsible primarily for working on Linkerd, our open source service mesh for cloud native applications, which powers mission-critical infrastructure at companies around the globe.
As a systems engineer, you’ll build critical distributed systems features into Linkerd, with a strong focus on minimizing resource consumption, reducing latency, and maintaining high system throughput, alongside projects like Kubernetes, DC/OS, Mesos, and Docker.
You’ll work with an incredible team in a supportive, friendly environment. Our ideal candidate has a strong engineering background, great communication skills, and a weird but adorable love of software infrastructure.
This might just be the job for you if:
You are a great systems engineer:
- You can build low-latency, high-throughput network servers.
- You know, or are willing to learn, Scala, Go and Rust.
- You can build and optimize systems for both constrained virtualized environments as well as bare metal.
- You have a strong command of Linux systems, networking, and debugging tools, such as perf, ss, and strace.
- You are enthusiastic about Linkerd, Kubernetes, DC/OS, gRPC, Zipkin, Docker, and Prometheus.
You can work as part of a team:
- You are low-ego, collaborative, and results-oriented.
- You can give and receive constructive feedback.
- You can learn from and mentor teammates.
- You can work closely with users to understand their pain points.
You are awesome:
- You value an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- You use and love open source software.
- You are passionate, empathetic, and kind.
- You have a portfolio of personal projects, github repo, or technology blog.
We’re not just building a product, we’re building a company! Come join us and build the next generation of infrastructure software at a company that we can be proud of.
US employment: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.