Product Marketing Manager
Buoyant builds open source, mission-critical software. Our mission is to democratize reliability and security in an increasingly complex technology landscape, by giving everyone the power to write safe and reliable software.
We are a series A startup committed to solving real problems for real users. We are the creators and maintainers of the open source project, Linkerd, which powers the production infrastructure of companies around the world. We have strong values, a dynamic, diverse team, and awesome investors (including Benchmark, SV Angel, GV, and many more). Come help us build a company we can be proud of!
We're looking for a technical-minded product marketer to be a key member of our small (~20 person) SF-based team. As our first product marketing manager, you will be responsible for evangelizing our products with clear and compelling messaging that resonates with target personas and differentiates the value of Linkerd from the market.
To succeed, you will collaborate closely with product, engineering, and marketing to gain a deep technical understanding of the ins, outs, and concerns of adopting service mesh software. You will develop product messaging that conveys our story, value, and differentiators. As we expand our sales team, you will build enablement material that explains the problems we solve. You will design and write impactful launches and campaigns that are SEO optimized and include landing pages, press releases, pitch decks, case studies, videos, website copy, solution briefs, blog posts, and sales enablement assets. Ultimately, you will be measured on attracting qualified users to Buoyant and help reduce the time to acquire the new user.
You'll work with an incredible team in a supportive, friendly environment. Our ideal candidate is a storyteller that loves turning complex technology into an engaging, digestible, and simple solution. You possess a unique blend of business acumen, creativity, and a weird but adorable love of software infrastructure.
You have experience in
* Taking a highly technical product and building product messaging that resonates with target users and differentiates the value from others in the market.
* Creating SEO optimized product content for landing pages, press releases, case studies, videos, website copy, user emails, solution briefs, blog posts, and sales enablement assets.
* Building product messaging guides and sales enablement material that communicates the product’s value proposition and its use cases and differentiators.
* Becoming an expert in product competition and positioning.
* Driving go-to-market planning and execution for new products and features and working cross-functionally to ensure a successful launch.
We're especially excited about candidates who have
* Experience serving as a product spokesperson to influencers, customers, and partners.
* Field experience with infrastructure, DevOps, and/or IT operations users.
* Cloud native technology experience, especially Kubernetes and/or service mesh.
* Computer science degree and/or experience in product management or evangelism.