Smart Contract Developer
New York, NY
What is Burnt?
Burnt is a Web3 Foundry. The team is a collective of relentless engineers, designers, strategists, and creatives seeking to advance models of ownership, for the individual and the collective, by any means necessary.
Burnt integrates and partners with like-minded entities to build infrastructure, products, and experiences that close the gap between creative freedom and financial autonomy.
What is XION?
Burnt is building XION, the first crypto-abstracted layer 1 blockchain specifically built for consumer adoption designed to reach billions of non-technical users.
XION allows the development of next-generation mass-market projects with full native account abstraction including MPC security and seamless email login, mobile support, lightning-fast gasless transactions, native on & off ramps, global direct credit/debit card purchasing, fiat denomination, includes native interoperability with 50+ other networks, and more.
You will help build, maintain and deploy smart contracts and tooling for Burnt Finance. You'll spend most of your days designing important core infrastructure, as well as tools that Burnt Finance uses to interact with various dApps and reporting systems.
- Build and test core contracts in CosmWasm to back flagship product features
- Rapidly iterate on proof of concept contracts to test potential new features
- Collaborate with blockchain engineers on chain extensions to enable new features
- Work with an internal research team for integrating decentralized auctions and optimizing infrastructure for on-chain execution
- Work on research ideas involving deployment across different blockchains like Terra, Fantom and Avalanche, etc
- 4+ years of experience in software development on production systems
- Experience working with smart contracts on Ethereum, CosmWasm or Solana
- Experience working with a team on large codebases
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals such as data structures, API design and composability
- Strong interest in blockchain
Our Tech Stack:
- Backend: Cosmos SDK based blockchain
- Web3: Rust, Go
- Infrastructure: AWS
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Rust or another compiled, static language
- Experience in Go
- Knowledge or interest in NFTs and consumer blockchain applications
- Knowledge or interest in Cosmos SDK, Solana, and Ethereum
Benefits of working at Burnt include competitive compensation, unlimited PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company off-sites and more!
Burnt is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.