San Francisco, CA
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
The Data Engineer is a hands-on role, responsible to help create a new model of data architecture to support business units with better access to data, drive the design and use of a new data warehouse and build automated ETL/ELT processes to connect data across the organization. The Data Engineer will help build a data practice from ground and help us drive our organization into a data-informed culture.
The Data Engineer will serve as the technical ambassador for our internal business units on our innovative data platform, solving problems outside the boundaries of our current system offering and providing useful feedback to inform future development. The Data Engineer will be working with multiple datasets to demonstrate value for data insights. The Data Engineer will work closely with members of our Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Operation and Engineering team with a constant focus of driving value for our customers.
The Data Engineer will be responsible to develop ETL jobs and tests to process, validate, transport, collate, aggregate and distribute data.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 3+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role
- Understanding of Apache Spark/Hadoop and the Data Analytics ecosystem
- Ability to architect the entire data ecosystem with flows and dependencies across numerous internal systems and new cloud applications
- Experience building data pipelines with streaming and batch ETL patterns on complex datasets using Python/Docker/SQL
- Strong SQL writing skills
- Hands-on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
- Implement and oversee the Data Warehousing (possibly snowflake) and ETL infrastructure
- Implement AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
- Integrate data from 3rd party services such as SFDC, Splunk, Oracle EBS/CPQ
- At this time, Business Wire will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.