San Francisco, CA
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Role
The Data Architect is a hands-on role, responsible for the implementation of Data and Business Intelligence architecture and end-to-end solution design to ensure information visibility and decision needs across the enterprise. The Architect will collaborate with System Architects, Application owners and Data/BI Engineering teams in designing scalable data and analytics solutions.
Define standards for metadata, data administration and data lineage tracking. Work through data governance activities e.g., data prioritization, business metadata definition, data quality measures and controls definition.
Ensure the optimal collection, organization, and presentation of data from a variety of data sources including the EBS, CPQ, SFDC, Hubspot, web traffic, social and other external sources.
Push the envelope – Cloud computing is reducing the historical “IT constraint” on businesses. Imagine bold possibilities to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through Data / Business Intelligence cloud computing.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 8+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role
- 5+ years of experience of Data Analytics platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment. Leadership and innovation around Data Analytics
- Experience with analytic solutions applied to the Product, Marketing and Operational needs of enterprises
- Understanding of Apache Spark/Hadoop and the Data Analytics ecosystem
- Experience with one or more iPaaS tools (Boomi, Snaplogic, Jitterbit, Mulesoft)
- Experience with one or more cloud data warehouse (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technologies (Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
- Current hands-on implementation experience required
- Master’s in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects
- Experience with Hadoop/Spark implementations
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
- Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
- Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- Prior experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
At this time, Business Wire will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.