News Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
Elite Daily is a seeking remote, part-time writer to cover social news, politics, and entertainment for our News vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include sweeping for stories, pitching unique angles on trending content, and writing articles for the vertical. Coverage will include a variety of topics such as food, tech, politics, general news, celebrity news, and viral news.
The ideal candidate will be up to date with the latest fast food releases (e.g. McDonald’s, Starbucks, etc.), Instagram and Snapchat updates, political news (e.g. immigration reform, abortion rights, etc.), and celebrity news (e.g. the royals, Kardashians, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin, etc.). Candidates must have availability to work remotely Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday from 9-4 p.m. EST.
Applicants should be experienced news writers with strong news judgment and an understanding of the Elite Daily voice. The ideal candidate is creative, well organized, and able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Sweep the internet and pitch stories for relevant news that would appeal to the Elite Daily audience
- Work directly with editors to brainstorm and ideate unique angles on current trending topics
- Effectively package posts for search and social with enticing, clickable headlines and teasers
- Write 3-4 news stories per shift about topics like food, tech, politics, and viral news
- 2+ years of experience in writing, reporting, or blogging
- Strong voice, unique ideas, and the ability to not completely force your views on readers
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Twitter addiction regrettably preferred
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London