Video Producer, Branded Content
New York, NY /
Creative – Branded Content /
Temp to Perm
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a creative temp-to-perm Branded Video Producer to join our in house creative studio. On a day-to-day basis, this position will serve as both the creative and production lead, as well as branded video support on client-facing campaigns. Responsibilities will include working with a production manager to organize shoots, handling pre production decks and treatments, creating and managing timelines, collaborating with third-party vendors, on-set production and direction, post-production oversight, and overall project management.
The Branded Video Producer should be a self-starter, able to handle a production from start to finish, with a creative eye and passion for storytelling and creating compelling and engaging content for a multitude of platforms. This role will report to the Vice President of Video and involves collaboration with both editorial and business teams at BDG as well as collaboration with clients. Journalism background is a plus.
Along with your resume and a short cover letter outlining your experience, please include your reel and/or links to your work (noting what your exact role was on those projects) with your application.
This role will begin as a remote position, but it will be an NYC-based position in the future.
- Evaluate concepts for cost-effectiveness and identify opportunities to maximize shoot efficiencies and client deliverables
- Develop creative briefs and treatments for internal and client approval, which should include versions/lifts for social platforms
- Assemble teams for video shoots (production companies and freelance shooters, editors, scriptwriters, locations, hair/makeup, styling, graphics, music) in tandem with Production Managers and manage creative concept changes and deadlines
- Direct talent and crew on set, ensuring execution delivers on creative brief
- Budget and track video shoots costs in partnership with Production
- Amend, revise and/or redevelop creative based on internal and/or client review along with Creative Director
- Develop and maintain roster of third-party production companies, freelancers and other vendors that can execute video at a range of budget levels
- Stay abreast of content and technology trends in the entertainment, video production and motion graphic communities, and suggest new ways to implement these
- 3-5 years working in a creative/production role within the branded content realm (ideal candidate has been directly responsible for developing co-branded video at an agency or publisher)
- Proven ability developing and producing video creative is a MUST: creating scripts/treatments, providing creative input on shoots, gathering and leading feedback on edits, etc.
- A track record of producing video content for diverse social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube) and formats (from documentary to short-form storytelling)
- Must be able to present creative ideas with confidence to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills — you should be able to rapidly execute multiple projects on a tight timeline with great attention to detail
- Experience working with motion graphics designers
- Proven understanding of the latest production equipment (Canon and Sony cameras preferred), editing software, techniques and budget ranges required to execute different types of video
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.