Social Media Strategist, Elite Daily
New York, NY /
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a dynamic Social Media Strategist to join our NYC-based team. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Social Media Strategist will assist with Elite Daily’s social media strategy across platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest).
Other responsibilities will include managing day-to-day social posting for Elite Daily, creating analytics reports, assisting with social rollouts for digital issues, creating original social content for our various channels, and working with the larger BDG social team on cross brand initiatives and general assistance. Applicants should have familiarity with leading social platforms and strong communication skills. Experience posting to a publisher and/or a brand's social media page is a plus. A great work ethic and a deep understanding of Elite Daily’s voice and aesthetic is a must.
- Manage day-to-day posting for Elite Daily on all social platforms
- Assist with Elite Daily social strategy
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Assist with strategy and execution of Elite Daily’s digital issues
- Source imagery and produce original content for Instagram and IG stories.
- Use analytic tools to track growth and success across social channels and create weekly reports.
- 1-2+ years experience working in social media
- Ability to write snappy, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Elite Daily’s voice and knowledge of internet/pop culture
- Ability to identify trending topics, emerging fashion trends, and on-brand influencers
- Basic knowledge of social analytics tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to take direction and alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.