New York, NY
Business & Operations – Finance
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance Team. The ideal candidate must be flexible, highly-organized, detail-oriented, and capable of handling sensitive data with care. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, see the opportunity in change and can tackle it all with enthusiasm- you will be the perfect fit!
- Monthly journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for the month end close procedures, general ledger analysis and preparation of workpapers for the company’s foreign subsidiary, including assisting in the filing of the statutory accounts and tax filings:
- Intercompany reconciliation.
- Operational management of the revenue process between the accounting system and operations system
- Work to ensure that proper and consistent financial accounting methodologies, techniques, and policies are followed on a consistent basis.
- Assist with the annual external audit.
- Special projects.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP reporting requirements
- Individual should be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, written skills, and analytical skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish the goals of the team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- NetSuite knowledge a plus
- Digital Media Industry knowledge a plus
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London