Winter/Spring Lifestyle Intern, Bustle
New York, NY
Editorial – Bustle
Bustle is seeking a Fashion/Beauty and Lifestyle Intern to join our growing team. The intern works directly with editors on breaking news, fashion/beauty and lifestyle posts, features, and reported pieces. The intern is also responsible for assisting on special projects and is encouraged to pitch story ideas and attend events.
Applicants should be college graduates or in their final years of college, and should be able to work in Bustle’s Manhattan office three days a week. In your cover letter, please list which topics within the fashion/beauty and lifestyle verticals you’re most interested in. Topics of coverage include fashion and beauty, sex and relationships, viral news, technology, feminism, health and wellness, astrology, seasonal holidays, and food.
The intern must be able to work at least three days per week from our NYC office, standard business hours. Please note that this internship runs in the Spring from February 2020 - May 2020.
- Write fashion/beauty and lifestyle articles targeted to search and social platforms (daily)
- Help editors find images for articles (daily)
- Interview fashion/beauty and lifestyle experts (weekly)
- Observe fashion/beauty and lifestyle editorial meetings (weekly)
- Help editors conduct research for articles, round up tweets, and find experts (weekly)
- Attend desksides, press events, and previews (weekly/every other week)
- Conduct interviews with athletes, celebs, CEOs/founders etc. (monthly)
- Transcribe Interviews
- Availability of at least 3 days per week to work from our NYC office
- Strong writing, reporting, and organizational skills. You should be proactive and detail-oriented
- An enthusiasm for Bustle’s mission and the energy to work at a fast-paced company. A flexible, ambitious mind goes a long way
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.