Branded Content Editor, Lifestyle and Commerce
Creative – Branded Content /
BDG Studios is looking for a Branded Lifestyle & Commerce Editor to join our team of fellow editors and strategists. This is a new role situated in a growing segment of our overall business, helping to connect the dots between branded content and commerce (affiliate) strategy.
You’ll work on branded content and other revenue-driving editorial, working from the strategy/pitch phase through execution to write, edit, package, and optimize content that will resonate with specific BDG audiences while meeting advertiser goals.
You’ll have the creative latitude to manage branded content and commerce-driven campaigns from start to finish, ensuring all content remains on-strategy, on-brand, authentic, and premium in quality.
While prior experience in branded content is not a must-have, the ideal candidate will have a solid grasp of each BDG title’s editorial voice and firm upholding of inclusivity standards; be fluent in using SEO and/or revenue data to inform content ideation and creation; and demonstrate the ability to work across a variety of disciplines and departments to problem-solve. You should have a deep interest in the e-commerce space and a passion for researching and recommending the latest and greatest products across beauty, home, style, wellness, and more.
This role reports to BDG’s Director Of Branded Content (Lifestyle), with the bulk of your work oriented toward key retail and CPG accounts (Walmart, Athleta, P&G), along with some coverage of food, spirits, & home decor.
- Manage branded content campaigns from start to finish. This may include:
- Brainstorm creative concepts in response to RFPs
- Communicate with internal (sales, marketing) and external (client) teams to ensure that creative concepts are clear, executable, and on-brand for BDG and our brand partners
- Ensure we are meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Oversee branded commerce content across BDG’s portfolio of websites. This may include:
- Assign, edit, and curate shopping-oriented content
- Analyze SEO and/or revenue data to create original content and optimize existing articles for conversion
- Work across editorial, commerce, and audience development teams to develop best practices for branded commerce content, from SEO strategies to conversion-driving tactics
- Serve as an internal resource on longer-term commerce initiatives, sharing best practices with the wider branded content & revenue teams
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a content strategy, editorial, or commerce (affiliate) role
- A background in using SEO, social, and/or affiliate revenue data to inform content ideation and creation
- Creative, resourceful, and detail-oriented, with a background in tailoring content to specific KPIs, whether it’s reader engagement or revenue
- A demonstrated ability to create and package informative, engaging content for social and web
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills — you should be able to communicate across teams to find solutions and opportunities whenever possible!
- A proven ability to manage multiple campaigns and initiatives at once
- An ability to adapt to the diverse voices and brands within BDG’s portfolio
- A keen interest in digital advertising and e-commerce strategy at BDG and beyond
- Experience with content analytics (Google Analytics, Chartbeat) and affiliate marketing platforms (Skimlinks, Impact, Rakuten, Amazon Associates, etc.) is preferred but not required
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.