Creative Director, Video
New York, NY
Creative – Video and Production
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Creative Director to join the video team. This person will operate across both Branded and Editorial video (with a special focus on Bustle, Elite Daily, Nylon, The Zoe Report and Romper) and will report to the Executive Creative Director.
This person will serve as the creative lead on all assigned video projects, working with Marketing in pre-sale to craft stellar proposals to RFPs, and working with Producers in post-sale to see the vision through to delivery. On a day-to-day basis, this person will be attending brainstorms, writing up concepts, creating video storyboards, moodboards, and treatments, ideating show and segment ideas for editorial, and assisting producers with scripts and formats.
We are looking for someone with experience in lifestyle content - spanning fashion, beauty, wellness, food, travel, dating and relationships, and beyond. They should have excellent writing skills, a strong visual eye, and proven work in the category. They should have a strong production background and be comfortable on set. Directing experience is a plus but not a requirement.
*Along with your resume and a short cover letter outlining your experience, please also submit links to your work with your application.*
- Participate in brainstorms to develop branded video strategy and concepts in response to RFPs
- Deliver write-ups and visual materials to convey video series ideas
- Ideate new series and segments for pre-existing series
- Collaborate with producers to ensure strong creative through production
- Work with designers and video editors to execute vision through post production
- Stay abreast of content and technology trends in the entertainment, video production and motion graphic communities, and suggest new ways to implement these
- 3-5 years working in a creative/video role within a branded content realm (ideal candidate has been directly responsible for developing co-branded video creative at an agency or publisher)
- Proven ability developing video creative is a must: creating scripts/treatments, providing creative input on shoots, working with art directors and other crew to execute vision
- A track record of proven work across platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube) and formats (from documentary to short-form storytelling to visual mood lookbooks, how-to’s, etc.)
- Must be able to present creative ideas with confidence to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills — you should be able to work on multiple campaigns at any given time and be able to manage your own time and schedule to ensure all deadlines are hit.
- Expertise in the lifestyle space - keeps up with trends, video trends and talent
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.