Sex & Dating Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
Elite Daily is hiring a remote Part-Time Sex & Dating Writer to contribute to the sex and dating vertical, from “how to get over a breakup” to “how to care for your sexual health” and everything in between.
We’re looking for someone who has a finger on the pulse of trends and conversations surrounding sex and dating. You should know the pressing, unique questions that millennial women have about single life, dating, relationships, breakups, sex, and sexuality. Most importantly, you should be super passionate about answering those questions! The ideal candidate is skilled at interviewing experts to provide all kinds of responsible advice to millennial women.
No topic is off limits, so the ideal candidate will be more than comfortable deep-diving into sex-related topics — even the "taboo," like period sex and sexual assault. You should also have a unique, relatable, conversational writing voice that would fit with Elite Daily.
Candidates must have availability to work 3-4 seven hour shifts during the work week, M-F, during business hours 9am-6pm. Please detail your availability in your application.
In your cover letter, please rate your ability to cover each of the following sex and dating-related topics on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being not able to cover at all, and 5 being very well-versed in the topic and able to cover):
Dating and social media
More explicit sex-related topics (like sex positions, period sex, dirty texts to send, etc.)
Sexual health and safety
Feminism and dating
In your cover letter, please also include one paragraph pertaining to a millennial dating phenomenon/trend that you find interesting.
- 2+ years of writing experience, with a focus on reporting and interviewing experts
- Ability to write flawless copy with a quick turnaround time
- Knowledge of SEO strategies
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Available to work remotely at least 3-4 days per week
- Bonus points for having a network of expert contacts (sex therapists, psychologists, dating experts, matchmakers, etc.)
- Keep up-to-date with trending news related to sex, dating & sexual health
- Feel comfortable reaching out to experts
- Create 3-4 stories per shift
- Work with editor to publish stories