Audience & Development Intern, BDG
Editorial – Social Media & Audience Development /
Bustle Digital Group is looking for a dynamic Social Media Intern to join our team for the summer. This person will work across all of BDG’s brands as needed — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, NYLON, TZR, Mic, Inverse, and Input — to help with social media strategy, with a focus on driving traffic, engagement, and followers. There will also be opportunities to join social team meetings and pitch new social ideas.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling multiple tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This intern should have familiarity with relevant social platforms and strong communication skills. Previous experience in digital media is preferred.
- Assist with daily posting to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more
- Assist with strategy and creative development for BDG’s social teams
- Assist in the production of original content for Instagram and Instagram stories
- Assist social teams in cover launches and larger projects
- Assist with compiling weekly competitive analysis
- Assist with tracking industry-wide trends on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok
- Ability to write snappy, smart social copy
- An eye for finding and creating visually engaging social imagery
- Capable of identifying trending topics/influencersBasic knowledge of social analytics tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to follow instructions and implement feedbackAble to work independently when necessary
- Willingness to alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Have understanding of the different BDG brands’ voices and audiences
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.