Digital Designer, Video
New York, NY /
Creative – Video and Production /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Digital Designer to oversee graphics and motion graphics for video across the BDG portfolio. Our output ranges from punchy social media content, to short-form branded videos, to longer-form original series, distributed across a range of social media and video distribution platforms. You will be expected when doing branded work to take input, feedback and criteria from clients, branded and sales teams to create successful branded videos within the requirements from the client. This position will span BDG internal brands, which includes Bustle, Elite Daily, Nylon, The Zoe Report, Romper, Inverse, Input, W, and Mic.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and collaborator with a strong background in both graphic design and video. Experience with motion graphics and post production workflows will be essential for success in this role.
This person's day to day focuses on creating and implementing motion graphics and design best practices amongst a team of video editors and producers. You will work with designers and art directors across departments, translating both BDG and Client branding and style guides into video executions. Additionally, you will be the gate-keeper on best practices per platform in regard to video specs, advertiser disclosures, and subtitles and accessibility. For this reason, a strong understanding and interest of how content interacts with the user experience across .com, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and TikTok will be important.
- Oversee design, animation, typography and illustration for all in-video graphics
- Help brand digital series with custom graphics
- Create thumbnail images and thumbnail strategy
- Manage the layout and design of our .com video hub and YouTube channel
- Work in collaboration with the Post Production Supervisor and Producers to ensure a seamless and efficient workflow amongst art directors, designers, producers, and video editors
- Ensure all projects adhere to client briefs and BDG brand guidelines while infusing creativity and fresh designs when possible
- Anticipate team needs and provide on-going general support for design needs
- Circulate best practices, new video products and workflow updates
- Ensure content has captions and features that are ADA Compliant and Accessible
- Advise editors and producers on how to optimize content for social platforms and no-sound viewing
- This will be remote to start, NY-based applicants preferred
- Minimum 4 years professional experience working in video and/or graphic design
- Strong portfolio with relevant work examples (video examples preferred)
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects and Adobe Premiere
- Team player, strong communicator, self-starter
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized in file handling/upkeep in a server system
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.