Commerce/Affiliate Marketing Editor
New York, NY
Business & Operations – Commerce
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Commerce/Affiliate Marketing Editor to join our successful and growing Commerce (affiliate marketing) Team. The team consists of editors and business strategists who create well-researched articles about products for all of BDG’s sites. These articles, and the Commerce team broadly, operate separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written with the goal of generating revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills. Candidates should understand how to tailor content to different types of audiences (as we write content for a variety of brands) and interpret data to help readers discover products they’ll love. We are looking for candidates with a background in writing and editing, and are open to candidates with other types of backgrounds (editing may have not been their central role, but was an important element in their job function, and they’ve had managerial experience).
Please note: this role does not solely focus on fashion and beauty, and candidates should be interested in a wide variety of products.
This role is ideal for anyone who is a detail-oriented editor, persuasive writer, and avidly researches products before purchasing them. This role is especially a great fit for those with a copyediting, fact-checking, or research background.
The Commerce/Affiliate Marketing Editor’s day-to-day will include editing the commerce team’s product articles to ensure they uphold our editorial standards and successfully generate revenue through product sales. The role also requires researching products and product categories, and analyzing traffic and performance results to develop new types of content.
Some examples of our commerce content include:
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, formatting, and SEO strength
- Train, manage, and work closely with writers to produce commerce content that upholds editorial standards and successfully generates revenue from product sales
- Research products across different categories to include in articles, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
- Take on a leadership role on the team to help guide associate editors
- Assist in overseeing content production and day-to-day managerial tasks
- Participate in brainstorms with the business strategy side of the Commerce team
- Understand how to use analytics tools and data provided by business strategy teammates to monitor performance
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- A positive and effective team leader with a proven ability to manage relationships in a professional setting
- Experience managing writers & a passion for developing their skills
- Background in Google Analytics, ability to interpret data & apply SEO best practices
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals
- Ability to work on major sale days (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Prime Day)
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London