TV/Movies Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Do you have strong opinions about Netflix rom-coms? Would you rather re-watch every season of Grey’s Anatomy than go to a party? Did you know about The Queen’s Gambit before everyone was tweeting chess memes? If yes, then Elite Daily’s TV/Movies Writer position is for you.
Elite Daily is a seeking remote, part-time writer to contribute two shifts per week to the Entertainment vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include identifying TV/movie stories our reader would be interested in, pitching unique angles on trending content, and turning around clean and engaging copy. Writers should have extensive knowledge of the latest in entertainment news (new project announcements, casting updates, series renewals, fan theories, etc.) and must be comfortable analyzing TV shows and movies ranging from Selling Sunset to This Is Us.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, specializing in entertainment writing. Bonus points if your background or experience lends itself to covering TV/movies from a unique perspective (please tell us how in your cover letter)! Writers should also have a fun, witty voice and the ability to turn around clean copy in a timely manner.
*Currently, we are looking for someone to fill a Thursday and Friday shift from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. ET on a weekly basis. This writer will work remotely.*
- Find and pitch stories on TV and movie news relevant to Elite Daily's demographic
- Write approximately three articles per shift with Elite Daily's voice and style
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and teasers
- Assist in coverage of live and breaking events, writing content in real time
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- A fun, witty voice and innovative ideas
- A passion for TV and movies
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.