Associate Editor, Product Reviews
New York, NY
Business & Operations – Commerce
Bustle Digital Group is seeking an Associate Editor, Product Reviews to build out product review coverage for our growing commerce section. The Associate Editor will join a team of fellow editors and business strategists in creating the commerce content across all BDG Media sites, including Bustle, Elite Daily, and Romper and across all verticals (beauty, fashion, lifestyle, etc).
Please note: this role does not solely focus on fashion and beauty, and candidates should be interested in a wide variety of products.
This role is ideal for anyone who loves editing, writing, and is obsessed with researching and telling the stories of great products.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills. Candidates should understand how to tailor content to an audience, optimize it for different platforms, and interpret data to help BDG readers discover products they’ll love. Candidates should also have a background writing or editing content about products, or other types of experience in retail/e-commerce. Being that this is a new venture, candidates should be flexible, creative, and driven, willing to try new things and pivot when necessary.
The Associate Product Editor’s day-to-day will include editing commerce articles to ensure they uphold affiliate and editorial standards, analyzing traffic and conversion results from past efforts to form recommendations for improvement, and brainstorming to continuously develop new successful types of content.
Some examples of our commerce content include:
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, formatting, and SEO strength
- Research products across several categories to include in articles, from beauty to tech to lifestyle and beyond
- Participate in brainstorms with the business strategy side of the Commerce team to conceptualize and polish future story assignments that engage our audience and drive sales
- Use analytics tools and data provided by business strategy teammates to monitor performance
- 1-2 years of experience in e-commerce or editorial
- Strong preference for background in commerce content
- Social media background--understanding of what resonates with young female audiences
- Some experience managing writers
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Background in Google Analytics, ability to interpret data
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.