Associate Editor, Product Reviews
Business & Operations – Commerce /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking an Associate Editor, Product Reviews to join our successful and growing Commerce (affiliate marketing) Team. The team consists of editors and business strategists who create well-researched articles about products for all of BDG sites.
These articles, and the Commerce team broadly, operate separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written with the goal of generating revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills. Candidates should understand how to tailor content to different types of audiences (as we write content for a variety of brands) and interpret data to help readers discover products they’ll love. We are looking for candidates with a background in writing and editing, and are open to candidates with other types of backgrounds (editing may have not been their central role, but was an important element in their job function). Being that this is a new venture, candidates should be flexible, creative, and driven, willing to try new things and pivot when necessary.
Please note: this role does not solely focus on fashion and beauty, and candidates should be interested in a wide variety of products. Additionally, editors will not be *testing* products or editing pieces about testing products.
The Associate Editor, Product Review's day-to-day will include editing the commerce team's articles to ensure they uphold affiliate and editorial standards, analyzing traffic and conversion results from past efforts to form recommendations for improvement, and brainstorming to continuously develop new successful types of content.
Some examples of our commerce content include:
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, formatting, and SEO strength
- Research products across several categories to include in articles, from beauty to tech to lifestyle and beyond
- Participate in brainstorms with the business strategy side of the Commerce team to conceptualize and polish future story assignments that engage our audience and drive sales
- Use analytics tools and data provided by business strategy teammates to monitor performance
- 3-4+ years of professional experience in e-commerce or editorial
- Strong preference for background in commerce content
- Social media background--understanding of what resonates with young female audiences
- Some experience managing writers
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Background in Google Analytics, ability to interpret data
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.