Associate Commerce Editor
New York, NY
The Associate Commerce Editor will join a team of fellow editors and business strategists in creating the commerce content across all BDG Media sites, including Bustle, Elite Daily, and Romper and across all verticals (beauty, fashion, lifestyle, etc).
Some examples of our commerce content include:
This role is ideal for anyone who loves editing, writing, and is obsessed with researching and telling the stories of great products.
Ideal candidates will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills. Candidates should understand how to tailor content to an audience, optimize it for different platforms, and interpret data to help Bustle readers discover products they’ll love. Candidates will also ideally have a background writing or editing content about products, or other types of experience in retail/e-commerce. Being that this is a new venture, candidates should be flexible, creative, and driven, willing to try new things and pivot when necessary.
The Associate Commerce Editor’s day-to-day will include editing commerce articles to ensure they uphold affiliate and editorial standards; analyzing traffic and conversion results from past efforts to form recommendations for improvement; brainstorming to continuously develop new successful types of content.
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, formatting, and SEO strength
- Research products across several categories to include in articles, from beauty to tech to lifestyle and beyond
- Participate in brainstorms with the business strategy side of the Commerce team to conceptualize and polish future story assignments that engage our audience and drive sales
- Use analytics tools and data provided by business strategy teammates to monitor performance
- BA/BS degree English, journalism, marketing, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in e-commerce or editorial — Strong preference for background in commerce content
- Social media background--understanding of what resonates with young female audiences
- Some experience managing writersStrong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Background in Google Analytics, ability to interpret data
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals
Bustle Digital Group is the premier digital destination for millennial women. Our collective properties reach over 80 million global readers monthly, and our social footprint is amongst the largest in digital media. BDG’s voice places an emphasis on: authenticity, inclusivity, positivity, and empowerment. We are headquartered in New York City and work with creators from across the nation who speak to the issues and stories that matter most to women.