Associate Social Media Editor, Inverse & Input
New York, NY
Business & Operations – Marketing & Audience Development
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a dynamic Associate Social Editor to join our Culture & Innovation team, working specifically on Inverse and the soon-to-be-launched Input. Inverse explores science & innovation with the goal of motivating the next generation to build a better tomorrow. Input is a new kind of tech publication launching soon that’s dedicated to offering a fresh perspective on the devices, creators, trends, and ideas that are changing our world.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Associate Social Editor will own Inverse and Input’s social media strategies across platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and more. Other responsibilities may include overseeing social voice and strategy, social partnerships, analytics reports, creating original social content for our various channels, and working with the larger BDG social team on cross-brand initiatives.
Applicants should have advanced familiarity with leading social platforms, specifically Instagram/Instagram Stories and Facebook, and strong communication skills. Experience managing a publisher and/or a brand's social media page is a requirement. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative and a deep understanding of Inverse’s voice is a must.
- Manage Inverse and Input’s social strategies across platforms
- Work with the larger editorial and social teams to launch Input
- Manage Inverse and Input’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Use analytic tools to track growth and success across social channels and manage weekly reporting
- 2-4+ years experience working in social media
- Ability to write optimized, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Inverse and Input’s voice and a passion for using social platforms to reach our audience in innovative ways
- Ability to identify and apply emerging, on-brand trends to Inverse and Input’s social strategy
- Advanced knowledge of social analytics tools
- Some night and weekend availability required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.