Card Story Editor, Input
Editorial – Input /
Input is a new technology and culture website launched in December 2019. Input is the latest addition to Bustle Digital Group’s Culture & Innovation portfolio (alongside Inverse and Mic), which reaches tens of millions of dedicated readers every month. Input is seeking a creative, visually-minded Card Story Editor to work part time with one of our most distinct editorial tools: the card story. Card stories are a unique, engaging, and highly visual way to tell a story, and the card story editor will work alone and with other section editors to experiment with the medium, whether through distinct angles that add context to the day’s biggest stories, standalone stories that have a unifying theme, or through narratives that are engaging, surprising, and hopefully a little weird.
This is a part-time remote opportunity.
- Work independently and with other section editors to experiment with the medium
- Leverage data, visuals, video, and text to create four to five stories a week in an inventive and thoughtful way
- Build & refine workflows to make experimentation easy
- Work with other writers and editors on their card story projects
- Be attentive to and engaged with the daily news cycles in the realms of Tech, Culture, Gaming, Design, and Style. Basically: a tech lifestyle junkie.
- Be a sharp and concise writer and editor
- Have at least two years of digital publishing experienceBe visually and/or design minded
- Have some experience working with visual storytelling or Snap & IG stories
- Have some experience with audio, video, and photo editing
- Be a team player willing to collaborate with section editors and writers to craft stories that will fit seamlessly into Input coverage and areas of interest
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.