Audience Development Intern, Fall
New York, NY
Editorial – BDG
Bustle Digital Group is looking for a dynamic Social Media & Audience Development Intern to join our team. This person will work directly with our social, marketing, and audience development teams to help ideate social strategy across all BDG’s social media channels, with a focus on driving traffic, engagement, and followers. There will also be opportunities to join video brainstorms and assist with YouTube programming.
This intern should have familiarity with relevant social platforms and strong communication skills. Previous experience in digital media is preferred.
Candidates must be available to work at least 3 days per week out of our NYC office.
- Assist with strategy and creative development for social teams at BDG
- Assist in the production of original content for Instagram, Instagram stories, and IGTV
- Assist social teams in launching new series and franchises
- Assist with compiling daily competitive analysis
- Assist with tracking industry-wide trends on Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and TikTok
- Assist with YouTube programming and channel growth
- Ability to write snappy, smart social copy
- An eye for creating visually engaging social imagery
- Capable of identifying trending topics/influencers
- Basic knowledge of social analytics tools
- Able to follow instructions and implement feedback
- Able to work independently when necessary
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London