Associate Commerce Editor (Remote)
Business & Operations – Commerce /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a remote Associate Commerce Editor to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team. The team consists of editors and business strategists who create well-researched articles about products for all of BDG’s sites.
These articles, and the Commerce team broadly, operate separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
The Associate Commerce Editor’s day-to-day will include editing the Commerce team’s product articles to ensure they uphold editorial standards and successfully generate revenue through product sales. The role also requires researching products and product categories and analyzing traffic and performance results to develop new types of content.
This role is ideal for anyone who is a detail-oriented editor, persuasive writer, and avidly researches products before purchasing them. This role is especially a great fit for those with a copyediting, fact-checking, or research background. Since this role is remote, candidates should be comfortable working and meeting deadlines in a self-starting environment.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills. Candidates should understand how to tailor content to different audiences (as we write content for a variety of brands) and interpret data to help readers discover products they’ll love. Ideal candidates should have a background in writing and editing, although we are open to candidates with other types of backgrounds (editing may not have been a central role, but was an important element of job function).
This role does not solely focus on fashion and beauty, and candidates should be interested in a wide variety of products.
Some examples of our commerce content include:
- Train, manage, and work closely with writers to produce commerce content that upholds editorial standards and successfully generates revenue
- Edit incoming stories for grammar, voice, product choice, formatting, and SEO
- Research products across different categories, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
- Participate in brainstorms with the business strategy team
- Understand how to use analytics tools and data provided by strategy teammates to monitor performance
- Communicate regularly and proactively with writers and fellow editors
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally in writing, editing, research, or similar
- Experience managing writers and a passion for developing their skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Google Analytics and the ability to interpret data and apply SEO best practices
- Proven self-starter who can responsibly manage deadlines while working remotely
- Ability to work on major sale days (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Prime Day) and full-time hours throughout the holiday season
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.