Junior Motion Designer
New York, NY
Creative – Video and Production
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Junior Motion Designer to work on a range of projects with the video department. Our focus ranges from short-form branded content to editorial content, primarily for platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
The ideal candidate is a collaborator that has a strong design sensibility, a solid understanding of type, hierarchy, movement and layout and is comfortable executing motion graphics work.
This person's day to day focus will be on the post-production side of things primarily designing and executing digital graphic packages for editorial and branded series for Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily and The Zoe Report.
- Designing and animating deliverables for digital graphic packages
- Branding digital short-form series
- Creative problem solving for briefs and branded campaigns
- Coordinating with video editors to meet deadlines for projects currently in production
- Handling multiple projects at once
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Elevated design sensibility
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently when necessary
- Excellent work ethic
- Open to feedback
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized in file handling/upkeep
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London